Monday, April 09, 2007

Alela Diane

Alela Diane. Like I said before, I'm a sucker for fingerpicking...and for songwriting. Alela's a very genuine songwriter who grew up in Nevada City, CA and recently moved to Portland(probably for its thriving music scene). What can I say, I'm a fan.

Alela Diane - Tatted Lace


Tatted Lace is my favorite song of hers so far and since I don't have the album yet I have to listen to it off youtube because I can't find a good copy of it on the internet(I just found out its vinyl only right now). I should take a moment to note that if I had the money I would gladly show support and fork out the dough, but I need to eat and pay some bills first. You can also find five(ish?) other songs from this same recording session as the above video on youtube and there's a short interview vid with her here. Alright, have fun with the links

Alela Diane's myspace page
Alela Diane's webpage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could keep time while finger-picking. what you have here is fine selection of music. I still can't get on board with jazz unless I'm at a jazz club eating chips and salsa, but then again I could do almost anything so long as there are chips and salsa involved.