Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Architecture in Helsinki - are more fun than a barrel of monkeys

Architecture in Helsinki put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. Well, twice. The first time I saw them was at the Hi-Dive with like a hundred other people and then I got to see them a year later opening up for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah last year. Now CYHSY, as the cool kids say, was the cinderalla band of 2006 and I don't think anybody had more buzz surrounding them, and we'll talk about them some other time...but when the bands came through Architecture blew the roof off the Gothic Theater and I was a little pooped by the time CYHSY came on. To top it off we hung out with them after the show and even did a acoustic freestyle rap of "Kites kites kites" with them, awesome. The point is they are a really fun band and I wanted to post this video of them as a celebration of springtime, because the snow a few days ago and the snow thats supposed to happen Thursday night have me feeling that springtime needs all the support it can get right now.

Architecture in Helsinki - Do the Whirlwind


and can't forget their myspace page.

No comments: